Trending Sports' news

Mohammed Salah named 2017 CAF player of  the year: 

Liverpool star Mohammed Salah defeated  Sadio Mane and Pierre Emerick Aubamayang  to  win the CAF player of the year award  held in Ghana. Salah who had a very good  year  both with club and country had earlier  won the BBC African player of the year and  has now been named CAF player  of the year  with Mane being the runner-up.

Tottenham 1-1 Westham: Son goal earns  Tottenham a point after Obiang 70th minutes strike

Jose Mourinho - I want to stay: When asked if he hopes to be at United beyond the end of his contract, Mourinho replied: "Yes, I see myself here. It is just a question of whether the club, the owners, the board, Mr Woodward are happy with my contribution and they want me to stay beyond the end of this contract. But yes I want to stay."

Arsenal sign Kostatinos Mavropanos: Arsenal have signed Mavropanos from Greek side PAS Giannina for an bundisclosed fee. (BBC)

G. Neville - Man Utd have a real challenge to finish second: Neville speaking about Man Utd on Sky said "United have still got trophies to play for, the FA Cup, the Champions League and they have a real challenge on to finish second in the league. He added "While second shouldn't be tolerated at Manchester United, it would be an improvement on recent years."

Serena Williams withdraws from Australian Open: Williams, a 23-time Grand Slam winner and the reigning Australian Open champion, said: "Although I am super close, I'm not where I want to be."  Williams lost an exhibition contest against Jelena Ostapenko in Abu Dhabi on 30 December 2017, in her first match since giving birth in September. It is the first time since 2011 that Williams has missed the tournament. (BBC)

Assisat Oshoalo wins third female African player of the year award

Everton agree with Besiktas for the signature of Cenk Tosun with personal terms still to be agreed: Everton  agreed a £27million deal with Besiktas yesterday to sign Cenk Tosun  subject to personal terms.  Sam Allardyce confirmed that the deal will soon  be finalised.

I feel like a footballer again - Diego Costa: Diego Costa has revealed that he ‘feels like a footballer again’ after coming off the bench to score on his second debut for Atletico Madrid on Wednesday evening. The last time the Spanish striker was on the field was in May last year after playing in the FA Cup final for Chelsea against Arsenal. ‘Now I am very happy because I feel like a footballer again,’ Costa told reporters. ‘It is great for me to play for Atletico Madrid again, the club are very important to me and I am very happy with this. (Guardian)
















Comments

Popular Posts

OAU: Lectures to commence on Friday 5th January, 2018

OAU’s Resumption uncertain as aggrieved Unions persist with Strike