If I were a Journalist, I would ask Jurgen Klopp about his comments one year ago - Mourinho

Mourinho in his pre-match press conference today took a slight dig at Klopp for his comments  on Pogba's transfer one year ago. A kindly reminder that Jurgen Klopp made this comments about the record-breaking 89 million pounds deal for Paul Pogba last season's summer; ‘If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney.

The day that this is football, I’m not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together. That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful. Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently.  

I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.’ Jose in his press conference this afternoon  said “The one to speak about it in a specific way has to be Jurgen - if i was one of you, I would ask him about his comments about 1 year ago. Not speaking specifically about that case, in Liverpool they do what they want, I am nobody to comment.” Mourinho went on and clarified that he wasn't  speaking specifically about Van Dijk transfer that Liverpool do what they want, He added “The reality is that they think the player is the right player for them and they really want the player, they pay this amount or they don’t have the player.          

That’s the way the market is. No critics to what Liverpool did.”  Mourinho's United are currently 15 points behind League-leader Man City and face Southampton tommorow.



Comments

Popular Posts

OAU: Lectures to commence on Friday 5th January, 2018

OAU’s Resumption uncertain as aggrieved Unions persist with Strike